Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm all excited about Dalkey Archive Press, publishers of much out of the way, unusual, and translated fiction. I'm reading one of their new titles, Hidden Camera by Zoran Zivkovic. They also published Ben Marcus's first book, The Age of Wire and String, among many other wonderful things. If you're up for some an unusual, though not necessarily mind-boggling (though they've got that too), anything from them comes highly recommended.

Check out the new Harvard Review, issue 29, for my review of Thomas Sayers Ellis's first book, The Maverick Room.

4 comments:

jose said...

Re: the Ellis review. I like what you point out about him taking opposite sides of an issue in the collection. I hadn't realized that was possible in a collection (this thing about "unity"), and now I think it makes me more confident I can do the same with what I'm working on. Thanks.

Craig Morgan Teicher said...

Thanks. And good luck with what you're working on.

Reen said...

Isn't Dalkey awesome? They publish all of Harry Matthews' stuff. It's gotten to the point like with old Black Sparrow imprints . . . I just buy it on the basis of the publisher, even if I have no knowledge of the author.

Craig Morgan Teicher said...

Yeah, I feel the same way--I'd buy anything from Dalky.